Update your Jelly Star - September 2023
20230925 - Follow METHOD Steps 1-2 and then wait as per Step 3 - it's that simple!>
- As shipped, outbound SMS/MMS did not work for a lot of people. Unihertz released
a zip file to apply as an update. This earlier update fixed outbound SMS/MMS.
However, it also made it so future over the air (OTA) updates would not be accepted.
- This update further updates the operating system AND re-allows OTA updates. This can be
applied over the ORIGINAL Unihertz Jelly Star ship release, and the updated that fixed
- OTA updates should work after this update.
- Kudos to Unihertz for stepping up to support this product so quickly after its release.
- Download the update file to your phone.
If you have no permission to access the file and are unable to request one, local copies are here:
Unihertz Instructions if it helps you. Opinion: I found them useless but to give credit where credit is due they DID put out a release and they DID communicate with us, their customers, so that's a good thing. Sure, they can use technical writers and English speakers, but it's a big world out there and a lot of us can translate what they release, so... again... kudos to them for putting out the release.
If you're unable to download directly to the phone, download to your PC and then transfer (file transfer to Downloads or adb push to /sdcard/downloads)
Update the phone.
- Go to Settings
Select the file you just downloaded... 2023092119_g58v89c2k_dfl_tee-ota.zip
- About Phone
- System Update
- Click the upper right three dots
- Click "Local Update"
WAIT ABOUT AN HOUR.
- It took me 63 minutes on 20230925
- I used 'adb logcat' and 'grep' 'udpate' and 'dex2ota' to watch progress
- If that means nothing to you, just wait patiently as the upgrade completes.
NOTE: Your phone will be usable the whole time, EXCEPT IT WILL REBOOT WHEN DONE so be off a call by then.